Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Princess Belle - Child's Costume

I had fully intended to make myself a Princess Belle costume, but you know what is much easier? making kids costumes. They require much less fabric.

I had made one for my daughter as her first birthday party was supposed to be Beauty & The Beast themed. So here's how I did it!


I found this snow white costume in my local thrift store for $5, but I got it for the reduced price of $4 because the under skirt was torn. That was an easy fix though! Obviously the first thing that I thought of when I seen it was "That skirt would be better on a Princess Belle costume" So guess what I did! I ripped it apart. I took my seam ripper & picked the skirt from the skirt and used the shirt to make a pattern for the new & improved belle shirt I was to add on and Voila! I came up with what you see below :)

I also kept what was left of the Snow White top and I plan on using it later, perhaps making a non historically accurate children's Tudor costume? I have yet to decide.



No comments:

Post a Comment