Monday, January 30, 2012

My Second Obsession: Anne Boleyn

A queen mostly known for being the second wife of Henry VIII who was beheaded for a few (probably false) crimes against the king and her country, but thanks to the series The Tudors and the movie and book called The Other Boleyn Girl it started the beginning of a life long obsession, and inspiration. Over time I have collected photo's from the TV series and the movie and have used them to inspire more than a few designs.

I remember my very first design was inspired by a photo of Anne Boleyn from the TV series The Tudors she was walking with Henry VIII in a winter scene and she was wearing a fur cloak, I later bought an old mink fur jacket and ripped the separate pelts apart and reformed it into a new cloak complete with brown satin lining. Thank you Queen Anne Boleyn!

Just like with the Marie Antoinette feature photo's are soon to come including photo's of my designs.

1 comment:

  1. I love both Anne Boleyn and Marie Antoinette, their fashions are timelessly elegant!

    ReplyDelete